Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Praise the Lord!

We had Josie's cardiologist appointment yesterday and I'll give you the highlights in non-medical terms:
-she does have a hole in her heart(VSD) that sounds and feels loud, but is small-medium in size
-the left side of her heart is bigger than the right and is bigger than 98% of kids her age
-IF the left side continues to grow, she will need to have the hole closed (open heart surgery) BUT the doctor is guessing this won't happen
-she needs no treatment, no medications and he said to treat her like a healthy 2 year old and not to even think about her heart again until her next appt. in ONE YEAR.

SO, all this anticipation for her 'special need' and she needs no treatment. She is simply perfect, and perfect for us. Thank you, Lord!

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song!

7 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Julie and Joe,
I am so glad to hear the good news from the cardiologist. What a blessing to your family. Hopefully, things will progress in the right direction. Keep the updates coming and give our love to Jacob, Camdyn, Charlie and little Josie. Love from, Aunt Linda & Uncle John

Karen said...

That is wonderful news! I love seeing pictures and reading your family updates.

Annie said...

That is beautiful news!!

The Hines Family said...

Praise God! What amazing news! :-)

Sandra & Steve said...

Absolutely wonderful news!

Julie and Dean said...

Wonderful news! So glad to read this.

Tracy Stratemann said...

Wonderful news, Julie and Joe!!