Sunday, February 17, 2008

HMMM

Just to let you know that my kids are thinking about the adoption....the latest question was from Jacob: Are we going to keep it a secret that she was adopted?
Well, of course, I was cracking up on the inside but thought it was really great that he is thinking through all of the issues. I answered that we were never thinking of keeping it a secret, but she will not look like us, so it will be very obvious that she is adopted. So even before she realizes it, other people will start to ask us about her. It DID open up a great conversation about what our answers will be....i just love my kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was not so obvious to MY kids -- Remember, they were SHOCKED to find out that Molly Ferrell was adopted! LOL...

Karen said...

Too cute! I'm adopted and so is my niece and our families actually still (let's just say neither of us are kids anymore) celebrate what we call "Happy Day". For me it's the day my parents brought me home and since my sister brought my niece home from the hospital when she was born they celebrate the day the adoption papers were signed by the judge. As a kid it as like having 2 birthdays. Now I usually get a little gift from my parents and my sister with a "we are blessed you became part of our family" card.

The Maddron's said...

Awe!!! Your kids are so smart. I know they're going to be great through this whole process and once baby comes they're going to love her soooo much. I can't wait to see them with her.